 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 1415
  Re: Custom Built LEGO Sets in 2002

(...) I agree just let us order what we want from the list. Why must people be forced to either give away a design before they even have a chance to build it for themselves or go through time consuming machinations to protect their intellectual (...) (24 years ago, 7-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general)

  Re: Custom Built LEGO Sets in 2002

In lugnet.lego.direct, Sheree Rosenkrantz writes: <snip> (...) Just a little story to reenforce this. When I was little my parents got me my first set of LEGO. Don't remember what it was but the got it from Sears mail order and it came in a plain (...) (24 years ago, 7-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general)

  Re: Custom Built LEGO Sets in 2002

(...) I agree to some extent... I think the parents are very much to blame for this, though. I mean, who actually buys LEGO? Parents do, and most of them steer clear of the Classic line in favor of flashy themes. It's really interesting to listen to (...) (24 years ago, 7-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general)

  Re: Custom Built LEGO Sets in 2002

(...) But, from TLC's perspective, they need to *market* their product. A bunch of bulk bricks is low on the excitement scale for the GP. In fact, it looks like work! But selling a cool model or set, packaging it with flashy photos, colors, and (...) (24 years ago, 7-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general)