 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 121
Re: Marion helmets, dark gray, 100-300
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Thu, 4 May 2000 14:54:53 GMT

In lugnet.lego.direct, Mark Koeberl writes:
I've been thinking about a way to communicate our wants to LD that would be
concise and convenient. • [...]
If Brad or someone else at LD is curious about what we are interested in,
they would need to look only at the subject line to get the message. I'm
sure they're interested in our thoughts, but who has time to read hundreds
of messages?

In theory your idea is a good one -- and ideas are important in any community.
But I must point out that proposed changes to LUGNET have their own forums in
lugnet.admin.

I was thinking maybe a lugnet.dear.lego group be needed(a take off on Dear
Santa), but if this is the right place to express ourselves it would be in
our own interest to figure out a standardized way to express our wants in a
way that will get noticed. A special NG might not do that much good if it
seems cluttered/unorganized.

(this directed at all readers, not just Mark):
lugnet.dear-lego already exists. It was put in place long before Brad's having
posted here. It is still meant as a place to vent frustrations (one-way), point
out pleasing product characteristics, relate experiences, daydream of new
elements, etc. But no reading by the LEGO Company should be expected.

lugnet.lego.direct is for true communication between LEGO Direct and us. It is
not a place for want/wish lists or for answers to questions which have never
been asked. Speculation is not for this area. I hope to find only:
- solid facts
- reasonable questions
- and answers to those questions

I realize that Todd mentioned "rants & raves" in his initial post about this
area, but I believe he meant those to be in reaction to something LEGO Direct
had or had not done (past tense).

I know that the idea of buying bulk elements is very exciting. In fact, I don't
know anyone who isn't looking forward to it. But please remember that Brad has
never asked this community what it would like.

I don't mean to be a party pooper. I just want everyone to understand very
clearly what the facts are thus far. It should never be assumed that LEGO Direct
will produce any specific element, no matter how badly we want it. I will feel
everyone's pain if there are disappointments regarding LEGO Direct.

-Suz