 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 1022
Re: Please comment on speed of shop.lego.com
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Fri, 27 Oct 2000 03:49:59 GMT

In lugnet.lego.direct, Christopher Masi writes:
I know everyone at LEGO is very busy, so I do not want any details, but I
would like some response. Is LEGO looking into improving speed of the
shop.lego.com pages?
The bulk page is essentially unusable. It takes 3 to 4 minutes for the page • to
load. Even worse is that while the page is loading my computer refuses to let • me
do anything else. I find it hard to believe that anyone would be willing to • sit
around for a page to load. In the end, bulk sales will be limited to those
people who get the catalog in the mail.

LEGO may have one of the slowest commerical page around.  The page has extreme
CPU usage without doing anything.