 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / *2434 (-10)
  Re: Bad Policy #2 (Why all the secrecy, LEGO Direct?)

Heh, hilarious post. :) -- Paul Davidson Lawrence Wilkes <lawrence@thewilkesf...rve.co.uk> wrote in message news:GCvG3K.7Bn@lugnet.com... (...) LEGO? (...) (23 years ago, 6-May-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Bad Policy #2 (Why all the secrecy, LEGO Direct?)

(...) see a (...) That is totally bogus. What if MegaBloks had found out from one of the summiteers about the upcoming bulk trains? What could they have done about it? Rush a whole series of trains and track out to their worldwide online store? (...) (23 years ago, 5-May-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Bad Policy #2 (Why all the secrecy, LEGO Direct?)

(...) I can think of some examples. E.g. number of sale of the Y-Wing+Tie set would be reduced if we know ahead that a cheaper mini-fig set will include Darth Vader. The same applies for the C3PO in Millenium Falcon and Droid Escape. LEGO sets are (...) (23 years ago, 5-May-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Bad Policy #2 (Why all the secrecy, LEGO Direct?)

(...) Then you're extremely naive. MegaBloks IS competition (as AFOLs have seen other parents buy MB time and time again simply BECAUSE it is cheaper), and if they see a mockup and then get a model to market faster (which they probably could, since (...) (23 years ago, 5-May-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Bad Policy #2 (Why all the secrecy, LEGO Direct?)

(...) ===...=== WARNING: highly synical material to follow ===...=== Although LD should be the ones to supply the real answer, here's my theory: Because it all sounds so cool and important that way. it's exciting. If the info were truly sensitive, I (...) (23 years ago, 5-May-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Bad Policy #2 (Why all the secrecy, LEGO Direct?)

(...) I guess I still don't get it. I'm trying to think of an example of how LEGO letting us know about something would hurt you. I mean, LEGO really doesn't have any competition (MegaBloks can only compete on price), so it's not like somebody would (...) (23 years ago, 5-May-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: A new area of LEGO.com: the Build section

I liked what happens to Redini when you click on him, its like a Lego punching bag that you can use while you are trying to figure out what the 84(!) different colors are for Lego, and how to get your hands on all 84(!), hehehe. So Tomas, what are (...) (23 years ago, 5-May-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: A new area of LEGO.com: the Build section

That's actually a stylesheet problem, not a javascript one. It looks like you're using some version of Netsacape 4 for X. Which I happen to be using at the moment too, so I can tell you exactly what to do: select Preferences under the Edit menu, go (...) (23 years ago, 5-May-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: A new area of LEGO.com: the Build section

(...) Looked like it would be quite interesting. So, I enabled cookies and went for a look. I gave up after 30 seconds, however - tiny black letters on a fairly dark background made it extremely difficult to read. Perhaps your page designers haven't (...) (23 years ago, 5-May-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Bad Policy #2 (Why all the secrecy, LEGO Direct?)

(...) Well, there are probably three questions that need answering: 1. Why all the "secrecy?" Because the subjects in question -- whether they're products, services, websites, or whatever -- are not ready to be announced to the public yet. There are (...) (23 years ago, 5-May-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact