 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / *1344 (-20)
  Re: LEGO Company Welcomes Adult LEGO Enthusiasts

"John VanZwieten" <john_vanzwieten@email.msn.com> wrote in message news:G55qKL.6ou@lugnet.com... (...) It probably won't mean *any* piece, but I can imagine that a good assortment of the most desired pieces will be made available. It would be silly (...) (24 years ago, 6-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Kids take charge of product development at LEGO.com

(...) I read that as meaning the current bulk brick offerings. /Eric McC/ (24 years ago, 6-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: LEGO Company Welcomes Adult LEGO Enthusiasts

"Todd Lehman" <lehman@javanet.com> wrote in message news:G55r47.8xK@lugnet.com... (...) There is an incredible opportunity there, I've had many conversations with people in the commuinty about what is there. I haven't heard from them about anything (...) (24 years ago, 6-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Wait a Minute! (was: Re: LEGO Company Welcomes Adult LEGO Enthusiasts)

(...) Wait a minute! Nowhere does the press release state that you will be able to buy any piece in any quantity. It states "bricks." I think what they mean by this is the current bulk brick offerings. Maybe slightly augmented. Kevin Zwicker (...) (24 years ago, 6-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: LEGO Company Welcomes Adult LEGO Enthusiasts

(...) I don't think you can expect any such effect. Keep in mind that there's more to a LEGO set than the parts included and the main model. There's also the box and instruction artwork, specialized minifigs, cartoons, the theme itself, as well as (...) (24 years ago, 6-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: LEGO Company Welcomes Adult LEGO Enthusiasts

No, probably a Betacam SP format video tape. That's the most common (analog) professional video format. It uses Betamax form-factor tapes but the tape material, speed and format is completely different. KL (...) (24 years ago, 6-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

"Fredrik Glöckner" <fredrik.glockner@bio.uio.no> wrote in message news:qrdd7f5cwad.fsf....uio.no... (...) I don't believe you missed anything. That was an assumption on my part of how much potential I believe this system to have. If indeed TLC comes (...) (24 years ago, 6-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: LEGO Company Welcomes Adult LEGO Enthusiasts

(...) A BETAMAX format video of the vid clips? eric (24 years ago, 6-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: LEGO Company Welcomes Adult LEGO Enthusiasts

How about LEGO stickers? Will actual ones be available? Dan dandman1@concentric.net (...) (24 years ago, 6-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: LEGO Company Welcomes Adult LEGO Enthusiasts

Speaking of lifting spirits, I'm right there with ya'! With the lack of new trains and town sets for 2001, I was feeling a bit down. The revelation of being able to build your own sets lifts TLC back upon the pedestal I placed them on in the early (...) (24 years ago, 6-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: LEGO Company Welcomes Adult LEGO Enthusiasts

(...) Anybody know what the "Request BETA copy" link is for at the top of the following page: (URL) BETA copy of what? the 3D modeler? -mark (24 years ago, 6-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: LEGO Company Welcomes Adult LEGO Enthusiasts

(...) LEGO has their own software for drawing sets. You can see the most recent use of it in the LEGO sculpture "present/ornament" they're selling/building at LEGOLAND this Christmas. I would suspect (but don't know) that if anyone wants (...) (24 years ago, 6-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: LEGO Company Welcomes Adult LEGO Enthusiasts

(...) There's a strong chance that a mutually beneficial relationship between L-CAD developers and TLC may emerge. LEGO is keeping a very open mind about new data formats. My sense is that they not only want to be able to import LDraw .DAT files (...) (24 years ago, 6-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: LEGO Company Welcomes Adult LEGO Enthusiasts

(...) Rights? I don't disagree with your fundamental assertions here, Mark -- but what exactly do you think happens when you post several detailed images of your stuff to the internet? Sure, maybe some people write to you and want either the (...) (24 years ago, 6-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

"Ben Roller" <broller@mail.clemson.edu> wrote in message news:G54KBx.8K4@lugnet.com... (...) truly (...) various (...) I think people may be reading way too much into this. My guess is that "build any three dimensional creation" is analagous to (...) (24 years ago, 6-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: LEGO Company Welcomes Adult LEGO Enthusiasts

(...) Yeah, I'm pretty sure that'll be true-- after all, one of the major costs in manufacturing is the time it takes in changing from one mold to another, when you could have been pumping out more parts. Also, I seem to recall that if the color's (...) (24 years ago, 6-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: LEGO Company Welcomes Adult LEGO Enthusiasts

(...) I wonder if I have missed something important. When I read the information in the press release that people can use a free modeling program to represent their model and then submit it to buy the parts needed, I thought this program would be (...) (24 years ago, 6-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Kids take charge of product development at LEGO.com

(...) What is meant by "now" in this context?? Are they referring to bulk bricks, or is this standard PR vaporware, "now" being sometime in 2002 :-) ? ++Lar (24 years ago, 6-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: LEGO Company Welcomes Adult LEGO Enthusiasts

(...) I think one limitation will be related to the molds required for piece production. If the particular mold no longer exists, for example. But I'd bet that strong demand from consumers (like us) will bring out some fun pieces. -Suz (fingers (...) (24 years ago, 6-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Kids take charge of product development at LEGO.com

(...) What is meant by "now" in this context?? Or is this standard PR vaporware, "now" being sometime in 2002 :-) ? ++Lar (24 years ago, 6-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact