 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / *1059 (-5)
  Re: Are you paying attention, LEGO?

"Dave Schuler" <orrex@excite.com> wrote in message news:G3Csxo.IFK@lugnet.com... (...) a (...) the (...) the (...) Yes, this is a very real threat to their market sovereignty. But do we *want* it to happen? Answer that for yourself. I'm loyal to the (...) (24 years ago, 1-Nov-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Viability of Bulk sales (was Re: Are you paying attention, LEGO?)

(...) Nope. I have not ordered anything yet from the latest releases. Yet. ++Lar (24 years ago, 1-Nov-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Are you paying attention, LEGO?

Great topic. And many of us train heads have thought of this is several very similar ways. Some even doing it (train guild, MOC sales...) But to even partially realize a spin off there would need to be at least a million upfront. Run the numbers on (...) (24 years ago, 1-Nov-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Viability of Bulk sales (was Re: Are you paying attention, LEGO?)

(...) I would say that it only *appears* to be at glacial speed, because we don't see everything that's going into it. The sudden appearance of rarer colors in bulk pack ordering reflects what was probably an immediate move to follow on-line (...) (24 years ago, 1-Nov-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Are you paying attention, LEGO?

(...) That's the perennial complaint against MegaBloks. I used to dig in my heels and deny it, but looking back at products of years past, I have to admit grudgingly that their earlier products didn't stick together consistently or well. Some bricks (...) (24 years ago, 1-Nov-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact