 LEGO Company / Pitsco-LEGO Dacta / 11
Re: Welcome!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.dacta
Date:
Mon, 30 Jul 2001 20:20:27 GMT

How can we help? What sorts of feedback and info would be useful, and what
sorts of things do you not need to hear because you already know? What sorts
of questions can you answer, and what sorts are probably not likely to get
answers?

Larry
We are interested in finding out how to better service and communicate with
our customers.  Our range is designed to be used in classrooms by educators
and students and we are always interested in how we can make the learning
experience better for students at all levels.  We do not have much control
over the products themselves or their prices, so we try exceptionally hard
to service our customers in the best way possible.
Also, We would like to hear from anyone using our materials. Teachers are
always looking for ways of extending the use of the LEGO Dacta materials in
the classroom or other learning settings.
We really cannot answer questions about why there are products available in
the Dacta range that retail does not offer or support (Macintosh
compatibility for example). The general answer to these questions are that
we design products for use in classrooms which may have vastly different
needs for usage compared to a home based toy product.  I also cannot (will
not) answer questions about why PLD only sells into the US.  The answer that
people generally do not accept(, but that is completely true)is that this is
how the company was designed.  We focus on curricular needs within the
defined area of the US.  Believe me, this is a challenge in and of itself.
Trying to account for variations in curriculum on a statewide basis is
challenging enough at this point.
We are hoping that this area becomes a place where teachers can come to
discuss their experiences with the LEGO Dacta products and discover the rest
of this community and the variety of experiences from others that they can
learn from.
DAN