 LEGO Company / Official LEGO Announcements / 43 (+20)
  bionicle is definitely NOT discontinued

OK, let's put a stop right now to the speculation and conclusion-jumping. We can state definitively that the LEGO Company is *not* withdrawing, halting production, or ceasing to market our (extremely successful) Bionicle products. In fact (as many (...) (23 years ago, 30-Oct-01, to lugnet.lego.announce) !!

  You get to choose!

Working for LEGO Direct is always fun, but every once in a while a project comes along that just makes me giddy when I get to come here and announce it. Today, such an announcement is made. We would like to invite you all to choose our next LEGO (...) (22 years ago, 11-Apr-02, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.lego.announce) !!

  Red Baron Arrives!

All, Just a quick note to share yet more good news! As of today, the 10024 Red Baron set has arrived and Shop At Home is taking pre-orders! Check it out now: (URL) like it will start shipping 15 May! Play Well! Jake --- Senior Producer LEGO Direct (22 years ago, 19-Apr-02, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.lego.announce) !

  Episode II Products at Shop At Home

Just a quick note to let you all know that the Star Wars Episode II products are now available from Shop At Home! You can check them out by going to (URL) or calling your local Shop At Home phone number. And only a few more weeks until the movie!! (...) (22 years ago, 23-Apr-02, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.lego.announce)

  LEGO Stack-It!

All, We just launched a really fun LEGO game in conjunction with MSN Zone, LEGO Stack-It. Check it out at: (URL) game was developed by the same awesome developers as Junkbot, and is an incredibly addictive experience. I worked on the team that (...) (22 years ago, 13-May-02, to lugnet.lego.announce, lugnet.lego.direct) !

  Santa Fe Super Chief Auctions

Greetings! Now I know over the last week or so, you have been very upset that you weren't one of the few lucky auction winners that were able to get Santa Fe Super Chief Locomotives #1-5. But wait! Good news arrives! We have just posted the Santa Fe (...) (22 years ago, 13-May-02, to lugnet.lego.announce, lugnet.lego.direct)

  LEGO Legend voting coming to a close

All, Just a friendly reminder to be sure to get your vote in to help us choose the next LEGO Legend set, as the deadline is fast approaching! On 1 June, we will be taking the MyOpinions session offline, and tabulating the results! We will announce (...) (22 years ago, 29-May-02, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.lego.announce)

  Discount code clarification and update

All, Back in January of this year, when LEGO Direct provided the AFOL community their own coupon code for discounts on bulk bricks, an error was made on our part. We should not have used the character string "J2LUGNET" in the code, because it (...) (22 years ago, 17-Jun-02, to lugnet.lego.announce, lugnet.lego.direct) !!

  Naboo Fighter 10026 - Delayed!

All, Just a quick note to pass along the latest news on the Naboo Fighter ship date. Unfortanetly, due to some delays with external sourcing of the chrome elements, the set will be delayed until October. As soon as I know more about the actual ship (...) (22 years ago, 8-Jul-02, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.lego.announce)

  "What Will You Make?" Event Kits!

More happy news! (Or at least, I think it's cool) Some of you may have heard about the "What Will You Make?" Event Kits that were shown at BrickFest. These event kits are a set of materials and ideas that you can use to add to an existing event, (...) (21 years ago, 27-Aug-03, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.lego, lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.announce) !!

  Event Kit update!

All, Just a quick note about the event kits. We have received a very positive reaction to them, and we are sending out quite a few. We still have enough left that I would like to make sure that if you want one for your club or group, you act (...) (21 years ago, 11-Sep-03, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.announce, lugnet.events)

  New colors and other info

Wow, it’s been a busy couple of days on LUGNET! My inbox, phone, and Instant Messenger have been going nuts with questions! There have been a great many posts, speculations, comments, and feedback about two different issues. We wanted to make sure (...) (21 years ago, 18-Nov-03, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.announce, FTX) !!

  I need your help... and info!

(Note: please trim newsgroups on reply) All, As you know, I work both with you and with colleagues inside the LEGO Company. My efforts internally include a large bit of "training and introduction" about AFOLs. Projects like the "AFOLs" comic are (...) (21 years ago, 15-Mar-04, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.announce, lugnet.general, lugnet.publish, lugnet.space, lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.announce, FTX) !!

  More opinions needed - possible future Legends

If you haven't noticed it on the LEGO MyOpinions site already, we're currently running a session to get some feedback on the most desired sets for possible future LEGO Legends. Head over to MyOpinions or go straight to the survey here: (URL) fun! (...) (21 years ago, 17-Mar-04, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.lego.announce, lugnet.general, lugnet.announce) !!

  Announcing new Legend!

Taking a break from reading the 250+ color change posts, I just got the green light to announce a new Legend! And it's ....drum roll please.... 5541 - (URL) Model Team Hot Rod>! The Hot Rod first raced into the hands of LEGO collectors in 1995, and (...) (20 years ago, 7-May-04, to lugnet.lego.announce, lugnet.lego, lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.year.2004, lugnet.general, FTX) !!

  Newest member of the LCD Team

I have some good news to pass along – Jan Beyer, a LEGO colleague has joined the LEGO Community Development (LCD) Team to help me out. Jan will be working with the German community. Jan will report into me, but will be the main point of contact (...) (20 years ago, 11-May-04, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.announce, lugnet.lego.announce) !

  Top secret project - we need your help

All, Richard and I (mostly Richard, thanks Richard!) have been working on a new survey tool to get a better handle on the AFOL part desires. We have been working on a super top secret project – we’ll call it Project X - for many months now, and it’s (...) (20 years ago, 11-May-04, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.lego.announce, lugnet.color, lugnet.announce, FTX) !!

  Color Change background

First off, I apologize for bringing this issue up again, but a promise is a promise. I said I would deliver more background info on the color change, and here it is. In an effort to reduce the almost certain flood of responses to this post, please (...) (20 years ago, 13-May-04, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.lego.announce, lugnet.color, lugnet.general, FTX) !!

  New Product Announcement - 10152

As many of you have seen from the leaked pictures online, we have released a new set: 10152 – Maersk Container Ship. Build the Most Famous Cargo Liner in the World! Maersk Sealand cargo liners sail the seas all over the world, carrying valuable (...) (20 years ago, 17-May-04, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.lego.announce, FTX) !!

  FLL on Zoom!

If you’re interested, there will be some coverage of FIRST LEGO League on the PBS Kids show ZOOM ((URL) Dates are as follows. Please check (URL) for specific local schedules. Segment 1  May 26 and repeat on June 1 Segment 2  June 2 Segment 3  June 3 (...) (20 years ago, 24-May-04, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.lego.announce, lugnet.mediawatch)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact