 LEGO Company / 3082
Re: A Community Problem (Was: Re: 10152 Update)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego
Date:
Wed, 29 Dec 2004 04:12:49 GMT

In lugnet.lego, Mike Walsh wrote:
"Ken Nagel" <knandjn@hotmail.com> wrote in message
[ ... snipped ... ]
That's exactly why they chose to releas press releases stating there would be
only 14k with 10k at SHO.
[ ... snipped ... ]

Where is this press release you refer to?  I looked for a copy of the press
release on LEGO.com was unable to find it.  Can you provide a link to the
press release as I don't recall ever seeing one.

I'm not sure it qualifies as an actual "press release", but what I think we've
been referring to is Jake's post on Lugnet:

http://news.lugnet.com/lego/?n=1801

and the post on 1000steine, which supposedly had very similar content:

http://f24.parsimony.net/forum61776/messages/82404.htm

I almost vaugely remember this set being on the back of a S@H catalog as well,
but if so, I can't seem to find one with it, and I think the only season of
catalog I couldn't find for 2004 was the summer one. I was curious what it said
(if anything) about the set in the set description. But I assume if it DID
appear in the catalog, it probably made no mention of the Maersk blue being
limited. Dunno tho. Whatever Jake posted in italics in his post looks like it
was more "official" in some manner; and it DID mention that it WAS the last
chance to buy Maersk blue bricks, which was erroneous. But that's the only bit
I've seen to date that was false.

DaveE