 LEGO Company / 3002
Re: A Community Problem (Was: Re: 10152 Update)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego, lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 21 Dec 2004 15:39:55 GMT

In lugnet.lego, Ken Nagel wrote:
   In lugnet.lego, Kelly McKiernan wrote:
   But if LEGO never changed anything, we’d all still be buying this.

   I’m pretty sure the duck wasn’t marketed as a “limited edition of 10,000”. It really matters not what their excuss is if they changed their mind they could have changed the model. Their move was compleatly unethical and problably leaves them open to a class action law suit.

Hmm. More sweeping statements, with absolutely nothing to back it up. Again.

   My “sweeping statment” hasn’t bit my butt yet. I’m aware of how often Lego solicets opinoins and I’m aware of how often they go ahead and do it their own way any way.

If you’re aware of the ratio between LEGO soliciting opinions and acting on opinions, then you must have some data to back it up. Show it. Put up or shut up. My statements about LEGO listening are based on personal experience, not secondhand rumor or wild musings.

   The fact is that Lego is still loosing money and market share to what should be inferior competitors. That pretty much proves my point.

And your “proven” point again was... ?

   Bionical story lines are really unimportant.

To you, maybe. Tell that to the kids and their parents buying the stuff now. You do realize there are people interested in other aspects of LEGO, right?

   The point is do they have 21 years worth of consumers lined up? As kids tire of the line the line and their last healthy stand will crumble.-Kne

You pretty much restated my question - what will take the place of Bionicle once that fad has run its course? TBD, I guess.

Kelly