 LEGO Company / 30
Re: Sticker Shock...Lego Direct?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego
Date:
Tue, 6 Jun 2000 15:28:03 GMT

In lugnet.lego, Richard Marchetti writes:
I had to call the Consumer Affairs people to replace some old black wheels as
found in Technic set #8246 and old Blacktron I set #6941 (almost the same
element except for minor details).  I had recently purchased several of these
from a fellow Lugnut and when I took the big tires off of the little wheels,
the little wheels fell apart from stress and age -- these would be the bigger

Yes, just last night I had a couple of those hubs crumble when I tried
to remove them from old tires.  They were gray hubs.

tires as found on Blacktron I set #6941, BTW.  Point being: they charged me
$0.40 USD an element which I was happy to pay.  But, I think this may stand as
a measure of what Lego Direct prices may be like for specialty parts (not
common bricks and such, hopefully!)-- they will not be sold for $0.05 and
$0.10 each as some people seem to believe even if they are sold in bulk.  I
guess this may present us with the problem of say Cypress Trees being $1 each • -
- I am not sure I can or want to buy 1000 of these in bulk at such a price.

This is why we will see several part resellers and part trading sites
spring up.  You might buy 1000 and put 990 of them up a parts
trading/sale website.