 LEGO Company / 29
28  |  30
Subject:
Sticker Shock...Lego Direct?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego
Date:
Tue, 6 Jun 2000 15:08:07 GMT

I had to call the Consumer Affairs people to replace some old black wheels as
found in Technic set #8246 and old Blacktron I set #6941 (almost the same
element except for minor details).  I had recently purchased several of these
from a fellow Lugnut and when I took the big tires off of the little wheels,
the little wheels fell apart from stress and age -- these would be the bigger
tires as found on Blacktron I set #6941, BTW.  Point being: they charged me
$0.40 USD an element which I was happy to pay.  But, I think this may stand as
a measure of what Lego Direct prices may be like for specialty parts (not
common bricks and such, hopefully!)-- they will not be sold for $0.05 and
$0.10 each as some people seem to believe even if they are sold in bulk.  I
guess this may present us with the problem of say Cypress Trees being $1 each -
- I am not sure I can or want to buy 1000 of these in bulk at such a price.

Just (virtually) thinking out loud,

Richard