 LEGO Company / 2958
Re: Interesting point of view, Rene!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego
Date:
Mon, 20 Dec 2004 18:47:54 GMT

In lugnet.lego, Burkhard Schloemer wrote:
[snippage]
37 years of LEGO-happyness are fine, but life goes on. For others here, at
least. And the direction TLG has taken recently is a valid reason to be
concerned for everybody WHO CARES. Complaints about "broken promises" are indeed
misleading. However, your grandfather's LEGO-memories are appreciated, but I'd
rather debate facts. I mean facts like questionable marketing decisions.

"Primus" Burkhard
http://www.BrickCommander.com

Okay, this is the first responce that made me LOL in this whole thread. What you
are saying is so "George Double-You" that it is almost too good :-)
So either we complain about every single thing TLC does or we don't CARE?
How about all the fans that are happy with this chance to get a Maersk Ship at
normal cost instead of those blown-up ripp-off prices one sees at eVILbay? Don't
they CARE? And those people that are glad that the fans mentioned now have this
chance, don't they CARE?

I'm sorry while I whipe the milk from my keyboard...

And about those "questionable marketing decisions"... do WE (LUGNET people) know
all the facts? Do we know the details about the deal between TLC (struggling to
stay afloat) and Maersk (has knowledge about staying afloat AND is willing to
move money towards TLC) ? If by "questionable", you mean these (kind of)
questions, I agree. But somehow, I get this feeling that you do not mean that.
As we say in real life: "assumptions are the mothers of all <<**>> ups. Whoops,
almost lost my cool there. But there are little FACTS at this point and I doubt
that Jake or anybody at TLC will want to share facts. Don't forget that their
competitors have internet access too.

But seriously, the set is still a great model, it still has Maersk-blue in it
and it still is great value for money. And to all those people that were
planning to make profits with this set: bah!
I only hope that the Dark [blue/green/pink] one gets released as well.

/\/\ark "complaints about broken promises are misleading ???" de Kock