 LEGO Company / 2952
Re: Interesting point of view, Rene!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego
Date:
Mon, 20 Dec 2004 17:26:40 GMT

In lugnet.lego, David Koudys wrote:

<snip>

   “You promised me that this was the last model year of this vehicle!! I invested all my money into it and now, 20+ years later, you re-released it!! All my money was for naught!!”

If they indeed said, “we will never produce this vehicle again” and they went ahead any way, you are okay with that???

Maybe this is a Liberal thing. It reminds me of a college professor who ran for a US senate seat on a platform that he wanted to go to Washington DC for 6 years (one term) and do his thing.

When his term was up, he was reluctant to not run again, and so he did, but promising that this for sure was his last term as senator!

He got reelected, but then as his second term was coming to an end, he believed that his presence in Washington was too important and decided to break his promise and run for a third term. I’ll stop here and ask you. Do you think he should have run a third time, even though he promised openly during his second campaign that this was to be his last term? I’m betting not, because many Liberals in my state saw nothing wrong with it.

As a footnote: apparently God Himself had a problem with it and decided to make an honest man out of him after all, because less than a week before the election the Senator and his wife were killed in a small airplane crash while doing some last minute campaigning. So it really was his last term afterall....

I strayed OT and will set FU there, but won’t respond in OT forums.

And BTW, that senator was the infamous Paul Wellstone.