 LEGO Company / 2358
Re: Question for Jake McKee,Brickmasters
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego
Date:
Wed, 29 Sep 2004 02:58:23 GMT

"James Reynolds" <james@magnusviri.com> wrote in message
In lugnet.lego, John Pannell wrote:
Jake,
  I noticed that you did not answer the post by David Gregory on Wed. • Sept.22
and was wondering if you would please? Concerning the ticket to Legoland • and how
to get the 180 pieces to build what we design?I ,for one,know that I • will never
use the ticket but it exceeds the kits to be furnished in value.Kinda • makes
sense,I think,to give us a choice.
Thank you

Jake,
On the same lines of reasoning, I never use Windows.  Can I get something • else
besides the Windows-only software?

--

James Reynolds
http://james.magnusviri.com

This is IMHO, a pretty unreasonable request.  TLC has created the
BrickMasters package and targeted at their core audience of children.  It is
what it is.  If you don't like the contents or they are not a good fit for
you then you shouldn't purchase it.

By including a LEGOLand ticket and Windows software LEGO is including two
items in the package which actually cost them very little in terms of real
money.  The costs of software development for LDD have already been
incurred.  The incremental costs for media and packaging are negligible.

I am sure that TLC has factored into their cost structure that a significant
number of the LEGOLand children's tickets will never be used.  The ones that
do get used require the purchase of an adult ticket so TLC will see some
revenue from each ticket redeemed plus all of the incremental revenue visit
to LEGOLand creates (parking, food, Pick-A-Brick, Big Shop, etc.).

I look at the BrickMasters offer and it seems like a decent deal to me for
the magazine and the bricks you get with it.  Neither the software and LLCA
ticket would influence my decision to subscribe for myself or my children.

Think of the LLCA ticket like coupons in your Sunday paper.  They may be
worth $1 when redeemed but their cash value is 1/100th of a cent.  The LLCA
"coupon" is worth $35 when redeemed with the purchase of an adult ticket,
and 1/100th of a cent otherwise.

Mike

Mike Walsh - mike_walsh at mindspring.com

They have the cost of printing the ticket and the media for LDD which isn't
very much in the grand scheme of things.