 LEGO Company / 205
  Re: New LEGO factory inaugurated

(...) Now thats a low blow... I don't particularly appretiate it either. Followups to .off-topic.debate Eric Kingsley (24 years ago, 1-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: New LEGO factory inaugurated

(...) Perhaps it's meant as an ironic comment. As an American living in the Netherlands, I can tell you that they don't work any harder here than they do at home. [1] (If anything, 5:00pm is even *more* sacrosanct here--the traffic pulse is (...) (24 years ago, 1-Dec-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: New LEGO factory inaugurated

(...) Well, you are on to something I think. In the US the major cost would go to lawyers, while it is likely that the developing Eastern European contries are more open to corporations stepping in. They likely will experience less legal resistance (...) (24 years ago, 2-Dec-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: New LEGO factory inaugurated

(...) Plus Reading the press release it might have something to do with transport costs. After all I once heard the Czech Republic being described as the crossroads of Europe.- i.e It's convenient for most of the EU AND for Eastern Europe that (...) (24 years ago, 4-Dec-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: New LEGO factory inaugurated

(...) Plus Reading the press release it might have something to do with transport costs. After all I once heard the Czech Republic being described as the crossroads of Europe.- i.e It's convenient for most of the EU AND for Eastern Europe that (...) (24 years ago, 4-Dec-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: New LEGO factory inaugurated

(...) Well I guess these are all good arguments for TLG to move their production facilities elsewhere. Though this may be sour for the people who will be layed off at the Enfield plant this is just another fine example of how globalisation takes its (...) (24 years ago, 5-Dec-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)