 Off-Topic / Debate / 7859
Re: New LEGO factory inaugurated
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 4 Dec 2000 21:17:20 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Lindsay Frederick Braun writes:
In lugnet.lego, Eric Kingsley writes:
In lugnet.lego, Mark de Kock writes:
In lugnet.lego, Adrian Drake writes:
So they are closing US operations while opening a new factory in the Czech
Republic?  I guess labor's cheaper there.

Adrian
--

  But in a way, it's not necessarily a cut on Americans--after
  all, they didn't put the factory in Britain, France, or the

Plus Reading the press release it might have something to do with transport
costs.  After all I once heard the Czech Republic being described as the
crossroads of Europe.- i.e It's convenient for most of the EU AND for
Eastern Europe that accroding to the BBC's reporting is planning to jopin
the EU eventually.

On a side note, Now Lego is in the Cxech republic Can we llok forward to a
revialv of Castle and maybe Town?  Albiet the castle and building sbut in a
Bavarian style but then I think that's more easily done in Lego(R) bricks?

Comments?

Alex

  best
  LFB