 LEGO Company / 2001
Re: Color Names
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad, lugnet.color, lugnet.lego
Date:
Thu, 10 Jun 2004 21:12:01 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Jake McKee wrote:
   So help me out. In all seriousness, I think I’m missing why this is really that important. What does our definition of “earth”, for instance, have to do with the way you define “earth” type parts?

Because when a new color is introduced, it would help if people could infer the official name without having to ask for it.

   I can look into getting the names, but I have a feeling it won’t do anything but add another reference tool to confuse things. I guess what I was suggesting was that perhaps it would be best to simply start from scratch and create an AFOL-friendly naming system standard based on the palette of colors that’s been release. (There can’t be any surprises because all of the planned for colors are there, as far as I know)

What about previous colors? TLC might only have to be concerned about the current color pallete, but Bricklink and Peeron really need to account for every major variation, something which they currently strive to do but still fall a bit short of (trans-neon red, trans-neon yellow, and the six pearly shades used for Rahkshi body parts, for instance, have never been listed).