 LEGO Company / 1937
Re: LEGO(c) Color Numbering
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego
Date:
Thu, 3 Jun 2004 21:29:47 GMT

In lugnet.lego, Ludo Soete wrote:
Hi all,

Can someone out there explain me what the following colors are (Old - New)?
I'm working on a bulk order for our club members and got a mail back with 2
different colors for GRAY and 2 for DARK GRAY , NOT for BROWN.
Now i have :
1) Gray
2) Gray 02
3) Dark Gray 27
4) Dark Gray 199

I know that those 3 color did change in 2004 (Gray, Dark Gray & Brown), but
witch one is the OLD color and witch one is the NEW color?
My contact person at LEGO is on holliday for the moment, can't ask it there for
the moment, but some club members want to know it ASAP.

Thanks,
Ludo - www.belug.be

Hi Ludo,
The official color numbers from LEGO are;

Old light gray 2
New Light Gray 194

Old Dark Gray 27
New Dark Gray 199

Old Brown 25
New Brown 217*
(* not yet 100% confirmed)

If it helps, I have a color translation chart which I have attached below as
a comma delimited file.
The first 2 columns are Bricklink ID and name, the last 2 columns are LEGO's
number and name for the colors. It isn't quite finished yet, there are
ommisions and some of the more obscure colors may not be 100% accurate in
their matchings.
I am hoping to be able to do an absolute during my upcoming visit to the UK.
These values are going to be used in the upcoming PaBTrak.com website and I
am intending on creating a series of webpages that help match LEGO colors
(and part numbers) to the various community schemes (bricklink, LDraw etc)
for anybody who is interested to use.

Hope it helps,
Richard.

Bricklink number,Bricklink name,LEGO number,LEGO name
41,Aqua,118,Light bluish green
11,Black,26,Black
7,Blue,23,Bright blue
36,Bright Green,37,Bright green
8,Brown,25,Earth orange
63,Dark Blue,140,Earth blue
85,Dark Bluish Gray,199,Dark stone grey
10,Dark Gray,27,Dark grey
80,Dark Green,,Dark Green - (UNOFFICIAL RECORD)
68,Dark Orange,38,Dark orange
47,Dark Pink,22,Med. reddish violet
89,Dark Purple,219,Lilac
59,Dark Red,154,Dark red
69,Dark Tan,138,Sand yellow
39,Dark Turquoise,107,Bright bluish green
29,Earth Orange,12,Light orange brown
28,Flesh,125,Light orange
46,Glow In The Dark,50,Phosph. White
6,Green,28,Dark green
62,Light Blue,45,Light blue
86,Light Bluish Gray,194,Medium stone grey
9,Light Gray,2,Grey
38,Light Green,6,Light green
35,Light Lime,120,Lig. yellowish green
44,Light Violet,39,Light bluish violet
33,Light Yellow,3,Light yellow
32,Light Yellow Orange,121,Med. yellowish orange
34,Lime,119,Br. yellowish green
72,Maersk Blue,11,Mearsk Blue
71,Magenta,221,Bright purple
42,Medium Blue,102,Medium blue
31,Medium Yellow Orange,105,Br. yellowish orange
60,Milky White,20,Milky White
4,Orange,106,Bright orange
66,Pearl Light Gray,150,Light grey metallic
23,Pink,9,Light reddish violet
24,Purple,124,Bright reddish violet
5,Red,21,Bright red
88,Reddish Brown,217,Brown
55,Sand Blue,135,Sand blue
48,Sand Green,151,Sand green
54,Sand Purple,136,Sand violet
58,Sand Red,153,Sand red
2,Tan,5,Brick yellow
13,Trans-Black,111,Tr. Brown
14,Trans-Dark Blue,43,Tr. Blue
50,Trans-Dark Pink,113,Tr. Medi. reddish violet
20,Trans-Green,48,Tr. Green
15,Trans-Light Blue,42,Tr. Lg blue
74,Trans-Medium Blue,143,Tr. Flu. Blue
16,Trans-Neon Green,49,Tr. Flu. Green
18,Trans-Orange,47,Tr. Flu. Reddish orange
51,Trans-Purple,126,Tr. Bright bluish violet
17,Trans-Red,41,Tr. Red
12,Trans-White (Clear),40,Transparent
19,Trans-Yellow,44,Tr. Yellow
49,Very Light Gray,103,Light grey