 LEGO Company / 151
  Re: Lego To Close Molding, Processing at Enfield, CT plant

"Will Middelaer" <betamale@REMOVE.yahoo.com> wrote in message news:G4pv4G.GEt@lugnet.com... (...) close (...) Swedish? regards lawrence (24 years ago, 28-Nov-00, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.general)

  Re: Lego To Close Molding, Processing at Enfield, CT plant

(...) "ENFIELD, Conn. (AP) -- Toymaker Lego Systems Inc. said Monday it would close its molding and processing operations in Connecticut as part of a global restructuring. The move will mean the elimination of 94 jobs at Lego Systems, the North (...) (24 years ago, 28-Nov-00, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.general)

  Re: Lego To Close Molding, Processing at Enfield, CT plant

I want to be the first to congratulate TLC on its shrewd marketing techniques. Obviously more computer-based sets, more varied merchandise, expansion of amusement parks, and juniorization have all been a resounding success!!! There is clearly no (...) (24 years ago, 28-Nov-00, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.general)

  Re: Lego To Close Molding, Processing at Enfield, CT plant

(...) Yike's!!! What does that mean for 3033 Tubs? Don't those come from Enfield? I can't see those being sold if they have to import them! (...) From a fan POV this should scare the pants off you! That is a lot of money and can't be a good thing. I (...) (24 years ago, 28-Nov-00, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.general)

  Re: Lego To Close Molding, Processing at Enfield, CT plant

(...) If this is any indicator, every year when those Salvation Army Christmas angels come out (at the mall they have a tree and each ornament has the first name and age of a local needy kid and a list of what he or she would like for Christmas-- (...) (24 years ago, 28-Nov-00, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.general)

  Re: Lego To Close Molding, Processing at Enfield, CT plant

(...) On the speculatively plus side, didn't we (LUGNet at large) identify a potential problem with economic competition between bulk sales of bricks and the brick tubs themselves? Perhaps if the 3033 is discontinued TLC will be able to devote more (...) (24 years ago, 28-Nov-00, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.general)

  Re: Lego To Close Molding, Processing at Enfield, CT plant

(...) Eh, Swedes, Danes, they're really just the same. (Ack, don't *EVER* say that to a Swede *or* a Dane...although the Norwegians might get a kick out of it, unless you generalise them into it too.) I wonder what the lugnet.loc.dk and (...) (24 years ago, 28-Nov-00, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.general)

  Re: Lego To Close Molding, Processing at Enfield, CT plant

(...) <snort> Not likely. They'd probably be killing off the 3033s because they compete too hard with the overpriced Bulk bricks. Don't get me wrong, I've ordered a LOT of Bulk, but not one standard brick yet, the prices are WAY too high per piece. (...) (24 years ago, 29-Nov-00, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.general)

  Re: Lego To Close Molding, Processing at Enfield, CT plant

(...) Me either, unless you count tan or grey as a standard brick (I don't...) (24 years ago, 29-Nov-00, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.general)

  Re: Lego To Close Molding, Processing at Enfield, CT plant

(...) I've also bought green (I haven't processed enough tubs). Also, the green 1x6 and 1x8 bricks aren't easy to get in tubs or sets. Also, dark grey. (24 years ago, 29-Nov-00, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.general)