 Inventories / 36
Re: Old Brick box 226
Newsgroups:
lugnet.inv
Date:
Sat, 3 May 2003 20:06:39 GMT

In lugnet.inv, Clark Stephens writes:
Ludo,
The box is from the 1960's. If the bricks have posts in them, then they are
from the late 1960's. If they are hollow, then they are from the mid 1960's.

They have some 'strengtening' ribs on every second stud.
see : http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=393043

Most early 1960's boxes were two pieces: a sleeve that slid over a tray. Your
box looks like it is one whole box.

It's one box with a lid to open as the Lego boxes from 2 years ago. The most
recent boxes are glued, the previous boxes have a transparent plastic
sticker on the lid.

Is there a country of origin printed on the side of the box? The PTT is Dutch,
the others are British.

The box is printed in Denmark by ( i have difficulties to read - verry small
characters )
DRDR SHUR . HAGEN & SIEVERTSEN
HORSENS

I keep a gallery of printed bricks on Brickshelf, may I add your photos to it?
http://206.131.246.36/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=8644

No problem at all.

I also keep a gallery of boxes. My info on boxes is slim. I don't know exactly
what, if any, designs appeared on both tray & whole style boxes. Lugnet shows a
tray version of the 226, but with a different box design.
http://206.131.246.36/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=38405

As you can see is this box different from the one at Lugnet. Also the
contents can varry. Lugnet say's there are 8 bricks in it ( i count 12
bricks in this box), i have only 7 bricks.

Regards
Ludo

<SNIP>