 Inventories / 242
  Re: part weight inventory

(...) Bricklink records the weight of many LEGO parts, however it's only approximate because two items of the same part can have different weights. ROSCO (18 years ago, 16-Sep-06, to lugnet.inv)

  Re: part weight inventory

(...) We discussed average piece weight in a recent thread: (URL) actually collected a lot of BrickLink's data in mid august. IIRC, I found in general that the BL weight was a little bit too heavy on average, when comparing to a few other sources of (...) (18 years ago, 17-Sep-06, to lugnet.inv)

  Re: part weight inventory

(...) We assume, but cannot verify, that the weight submissions we get on BrickLink have actually been weighed on a scale. Some submitters add notes with their submissions such as "100 white bricks weighed on a +/- .01g scale" or something like (...) (18 years ago, 18-Sep-06, to lugnet.inv, FTX)

  Re: part weight inventory

(...) That was my guess too, but yeah, no way to verify. Unless of course someone wants to take a high-precision scale to every Lego element out there and post the results. Or, if the Lego Company wants to tell us all what the weights are! (...) I (...) (18 years ago, 18-Sep-06, to lugnet.inv)