 Inventories / 23
Re: LUGNET set guide now links to BrickLink set inventories
Newsgroups:
lugnet.inv
Date:
Wed, 9 Apr 2003 09:27:13 GMT

In lugnet.admin.database, Todd Lehman writes:
If you happen to own a set that hasn't yet been inventoried by BrickLink or
Peeron, please consider contributing an inventory to the community.
--Todd

Todd, before I start I must just thank you again for all the extra work you
are doing to Lugnet at the moment, we all appreciate it (and I'll be sending
you some more money soon to prove it!)

Anyway, here's a suggestion which, if I've understood everything correctly,
could accelerate the submission of inventories:

Now Lugnet members set lists are linked to Peeron could the admins provide a
further bit of code which would alert Peeron members if they own a set that
has not been inventoried?  The only reason I've never inventoried a set is
that I never get new ones before anyone else and I don't fancy going through
the work only to find someone got there first.  This could hugely increase
the number of 'instructions' inventories submitted for older sets.

BTW -have we any idea from TLC how many sets there have actually been and
therefore how many inventories are missing?

Si