 Inventories / 22
21  |  23
Subject:
LUGNET set guide now links to BrickLink set inventories
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.database, lugnet.inv, lugnet.announce
Date:
Wed, 9 Apr 2003 04:46:14 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

BrickLink.com is kindly allowing LUGNET to deep-link directly into its growing
collection of BrickLink Set Inventories from the LUGNET Set Guide.  This is
permitted on a set-by-set basis.  Accordingly, I've added the links in the
right-hand column of the Set Guide -- the same place you can also find links to
instructions and catalogs at BrickShelf.com and to inventories at Peeron.com.

By my accounting, 2634 LEGO sets are inventoried at BrickLink.com and
Peeron.com (2314 at Peeron and 779 at BrickLink).  That means we still have
quite a few holes, but this is, overall, amazing progress for the community
in the past couple of years.

If you happen to own a set that hasn't yet been inventoried by BrickLink or
Peeron, please consider contributing an inventory to the community.  My
personal recommendation on how to do this is:

1.  Inventory your set using a text editor or spreadsheet.

2.  Post your inventory, in text format, to the special newsgroup:

    lugnet.db.inv

which has been set up with the purpose of collecting and dispersing inventories
in simple raw text format in the widest possible manner.  Identify at the top
which part numbering system you're using (BrickLink's or Peeron's).

3.  Then submit your inventory to _both_ Peeron _and_ BrickLink.  Peeron is
missing approximately 320 set inventories that BrickLink has, and BrickLink
is missing approximately 1850 set inventories that Peeron has.  By submitting
your inventory to both sites, you help ensure that both sites are as complete
as possible.

--Todd

p.s.  The reason I suggest posting to lugnet.db.inv first is that I think
some people miss this step.  (Of course it would be really swell if Peeron
and BrickLink posted new set inventories to lugnet.db.inv automatically, but
perhaps that is wishful thinking...)