 Instructions / 537
536  |  538
Subject:
Black colour in new instructions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.inst, lugnet.cad
Date:
Fri, 31 Oct 2003 20:20:23 GMT

I've particularly noticed in some of the newer technic sets that black axles and
friction pins use a blacker black than other black parts, such as bricks, beams
etc. In other words, the standard bricks are a very dark grey whereas the axles
seem to be either black or very close to it.

I like this approach since it adds clarity to instructions where there are many
axles and black bricks, which sometimes get hard to distinguish in complex
models. Presumably Lego have done their research with this and know what they
are talking about.

A quick look in MLCAD reveals that black appears to be RGB (34,34,34). How about
we have a darker black allocated for axles/friction pins?

My apologies if this is already well ploughed ground.

Jennifer