 Instructions / 167
Re: Outlined part edges in L3P?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.inst
Date:
Sun, 22 Dec 2002 21:43:26 GMT

Excellent suggestion!! I've been wrestling with MegaPOV lately, having
frustration with different size submodels and the find_edges settings. I
want to keep the line thickness relative to the _parts_ and not to the
render resolution, but since the camera is set closer to smaller groups of
parts, the instructions generated look like different sub-assemblies have
different thicknesses of edge lines.

-Tim

In lugnet.cad, Kevin Clague writes:
Hi Lars,
I was wondering if you had ever considered adding a feature to L3P to
provide the lines at edges of bricks, so that we don't have to use MEGAPOV
to do so?  The advantages are that we would not have to play with MEGAPOV
settings to get them just right, depending on the resolution of the model.
MEGAPOV is not perfect in its edge detection mechanism, and we wouldn't have
to wait for MEGAPOV to post process each image.

Is there a way to do so?  It seems like it might fit nicely with the
"smooth triangle" algorithm you are developing this spring.

Kevin