 Instructions / *16 (-5)
  Re: Follow-up: What *IS* a building instruction anyway?

(...) It's a nice goal to have in mind, but I think having it as a minimum standard would kill any significant repository of instructions by lack of volume. Simply put, most people won't go to the significant effort of producing professional quality (...) (22 years ago, 31-Jul-02, to lugnet.inst)

  Re: Follow-up: What *IS* a building instruction anyway?

(...) On the contrary, my goal is generally to communicate an idea to others. If I was to produce a custom set for sale, *then* my goal would be to create instructions similar in quality to TLC. But thats a very small part of what instructions are (...) (22 years ago, 31-Jul-02, to lugnet.inst)

  Re: Build-a-Bot

"Nicole Drumm" <kdrumm1@stny.rr.com> wrote in message news:H038CE.Ez5@lugnet.com... (...) then (...) Amen to that :) But seriously, for a book or something, a more formal approach might be needed (I'm working with something called LPub by Kevin (...) (22 years ago, 31-Jul-02, to lugnet.inst)

  Re: Follow-up: What *IS* a building instruction anyway?

Yet another 10c from me ... A lot of the time I don't think we really need detailed building instructions. For many models, a few good photos from all angles of the finished product and a few detailed photos of "tricky bits" and "significant (...) (22 years ago, 31-Jul-02, to lugnet.inst)

  Re: Follow-up: What *IS* a building instruction anyway?

(...) Well, I'd say almost the opposite. Firstly, the instructions Lego produce are (for most AFOLs) needlessly laborious in their detail. Megablocks and Shifty/Brick both produce far more compact instructions that do more at each step and they are (...) (22 years ago, 31-Jul-02, to lugnet.inst)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact