 Harry Potter / 945
Re: ISCC (mini-)entry: pirates
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates, lugnet.harrypotter
Date:
Tue, 11 Dec 2001 15:34:32 GMT

In lugnet.pirates, Andrzej M. Szlaga writes:
Hello Reinhard,

On 10-Dec-01 (Monday) you wrote:

BTW: I really can recommend Hagrids Hut. In my opinion much better
than the Forbidden Corridor. The corridor is just nice because of
the spiral stairs, while the 4707 delivers lots of useful parts.

Paper roof for example ;)

I really do not understand all this complaining against the paper roof. What
is so bad about it?!
If the set had regular sloped pieces instead, I bet the price would have been
twice at high (that would have been a bad set then).
If the set had new monofunctional roof pieces (new moulds = expensive parts),
these would have been expensive and quite useless too.

You may believe or not, but I do love this paper roof: it gives the set a
fantastic shape, you can easiely get into the hut (great playability for kids)
and it even looks georgeous in MOCs like this one:
http://www.1000steine.de/gallery2/g127/05.jpg

But how about the doors? Are they really as nice as they look on
the photo?

They are even better! I love the way you can attach them to the new dor bow
or a classic 1x1x2 door-holder. But again: Hagrids Hut is the superior set:
only http://guide.lugnet.com/set/4707
comes with the nice grill in the door's window. 4706 come with nothing but a
not existing part...
(plus piece count: 4706 = 238 p. against 4707 = 299 p. Is Fluffy worth as much
as 60 nice elements? Definitely not.)

Leg Godt!

Ben