 Harry Potter / 855
Re: knight's kingdom, HP and Legends ramblings
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle, lugnet.harrypotter
Date:
Tue, 30 Oct 2001 16:47:01 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Magnus Lauglo writes:
Of more immediate significance to us castle heads though, he said something
to the effect that we should not expect any castle stuff while they are
making HP sets. He hinted that there might be future classic/legends castle
sets, but probably not an actual castle for a good while.

Too bad they aren't doing a LotR theme.

sigh...

Magnus

At least the Castle sets of Olde had ONE solid wall! Nothing against the HP
sets I love so dearly, but IMHO the Harry Potter sets are glorified
accessory packs.Excluding Hagrid's Hut, the HP sets use ARCHES! ARGH! If i
wanted to build an AqeuDuct, this would be fine, but when you pay $89 for
the Hogwarts School, you expect some more building materials other than
arches and a spiral staircase...
My opinion, EXPAND the Legends Line to about 5 sets of a theme at a time,
this way the Theme itself is noted as a "Legend" (who denies that Dragon
Masters or Wolfpack were legendary?) Sound like a good idea LEGO? Does to me...

Sadly, though, I guess I'll be resigned to purchasing more Star Wars sets
and Shop at Home exclusives if I plan to build a killer castle..

Just my two cents,
-Jay