 Harry Potter / 792
Re: 4707 Hagrid's Hut complaints....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.harrypotter
Date:
Fri, 28 Sep 2001 15:16:42 GMT

"richard marchetti" <blueofnoon@aol.com> wrote in message
news:GKAqHA.IAL@lugnet.com...
Hey Y'all:

Does anyone else think that the origami-nightmare roof ABSOLUTELY sucks?

I agree, Hagrid's Hut roof is a nightmare even for the most hardened origami
fan.  But would two half octagonal roof elements been any better....I reckon
it wouldn't have worked.  The card roof works the best because (one) you can
open up the hut and (two) large roof elements may not have work because of
stud mis-alignment.  Remove those brown plates at the top of the walls of
the hut and then try laying plates from one side to the other.  They don't
match up, hence the cardboard roof being the easiest solution.  So large
octagonal roof elements would not have worked.

The card roof element is not all bad, except when it gets worn.  My card
roof was much darker than the one depicted on the front of the box!!  Did
anyone else get the same?

The purple wizard guy's face is poorly printed in that the printing is
placed too low on the face -- you'll have to raise his head up the neck
shaft in an almost floating manner to make it look good with the beard, so
that the spectacles appear to rest on what would be his nose (look at the
box, BTW, TLC must have had the same problem -- what's more, I think they
chopped off the back of the wig element to make the cape look better! • Shame
on you, TLC!).  The grey hair is an interesting idea, but not in • conjunction
with a cloth cape -- which it squashes on the backside.  Anyway, this • figure
is kind of a mess.

Hey, the Dumbledore minfig rocks!!!  It's the luck of the draw if you get a
good or bad print.  Mine is also kinda low on the head, but OK.  I stuck the
purple wizards hat on him from 4723 and his eyebrows just touch the
underneath of the front brim.  See if yours is the same.

I completely disagree on your comments about the grey hair piece!  If they
made the same allowances for a cape as they did for Qui-Gon-Gin's hair
piece, Dumbledore's hair piece would have looked crap.  Qui-Gon's hair piece
looks total pants ona minifig without a cape.  It's the worst hair piece
ever.  Now Dumbledore's is much cooler and more universal....it doesn't have
to used on a male minifig head, it's great for making old ladies too.

The best part of this set is the little dragonette -- which just rocks!  I
only wish we now had green wings for the larger dragons (I don't have any
larger dragons out right now but I am recalling trans-orange, black, and • red
wings only).

I've never read a HP book, but doesn't that dragonette get whole lot bigger
in the later books?  IF the movies go that far and Lego still holds the
license then we could POSSIBLY see a full size green dragon.  Hopefully
it'll be a new sculpture as the old ones are a lil' naff.

I'll have more to say later on some other HP sets.  The sad part is that
most of these sets are accessory packs for a builder, not really • interesting
of themselves -- although the Hut had potential that was squandered.  If • you
doubt my opinion -- just look at the HP train set!  What a joke!

Yes, it's the worst set along with the Sorting Hut set.  Who's gonna pay $8
for a twirling-fart-knocker-device?

Do not buy these sets expecting a building pleasure, these sets are just • not
that cleverly designed.  Trust me, these sets are accessory packs -- buy • at
good prices only (a  BOGO 50% or better sale is advised).

What...are you kidding!?!?  You must have very particular tastes....no
offense, but unless you've got a collosal collection of Lego then there's
something for everyone to add to their collection.  Let's see: cool new
doors, new stone prints, tan colored turrets, Scala books in five colors,
cool new minifigs, lots of tan, grey and dark-grey bricks....the list goes
on.....

Stoof