 Harry Potter / 788
Re: 4707 Hagrid's Hut complaints....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.harrypotter
Date:
Fri, 28 Sep 2001 00:39:11 GMT

In lugnet.harrypotter, Maggie Cambron writes:
In lugnet.harrypotter, Richard Marchetti writes:
Does anyone else think that the origami-nightmare roof ABSOLUTELY sucks?

I pre-folded the flaps and they still did not go easily together when I was
placing the rubberband at the tip.

The roof is held together with a rubberband?  You need say no more.  What comes
to mind are those ramps for the little LEGO racers-- thin plastic with a fold
pressed into them and held in place by a rubberband-- something I'd expect of a
$2.99 set but not a $29.99 set.

The purple wizard guy's face is poorly printed in that the printing is
placed too low on the face

That's Albus Dumbledore, headmaster of Hogwart's!

The best part of this set is the little dragonette -- which just rocks!

That's Norbert, the baby dragon Hagrid hatched in his fireplace!

I'll have more to say later on some other HP sets.  The sad part is that
most of these sets are accessory packs for a builder, not really interesting
of themselves --

Do not buy these sets expecting a building pleasure, these sets are just not
that cleverly designed.  Trust me, these sets are accessory packs --

I think the two sets I've bought so far are great!  It's true I do look at them
as accessory packs rather than a source for building parts.  But I look at
#5823 Millimy's Bedroom and #5824 Millimy's Magical Cottage the same way, and
they're two of my favorite sets!
Hmmm, I would have to agree with that.  I like HP sets for the abundance of
those darn good lookin' keys!  I am most definetely getting Hagrids hut and
The Winged Key Room, and Diagon alley for the pieces and keys!!!!!!

buy at good prices only (a  BOGO 50% or better sale is advised).

I usually only pay retail for sets exclusive to S@H, but I paid retail for
these. (Okay, okay, so I just went out and paid retail for the 6776 Ogel set,
but those were special circumstances!)  Anyway, I think the HP sets are
definitely worth it, if only for the variety of elements and colors.  Plus, I
think these sets will also appeal more to girls than many other themes (Alpha
Team for instance).

Maggie C.