 Harry Potter / 752
Re: Harry Potter in Raleigh NC
Newsgroups:
lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Sun, 23 Sep 2001 17:39:46 GMT

I don't really like the stairs at all. If you should jar the set, the
individual steps slide all over the place.

It drove me mad for a while too, but here's my solution for the stairs: Swap
the black 3x1 and 2x1 bricks circled in the picture linked below (too
complicated to try to explain - you'll just have to have a look!) You then
have a piece jutting out that you can hook the top step over. Use a round
1x1 plate (don't tell me you don't have any because Lego always seem to
include loads of spares of these!) on the base below the bottom step.  These
two parts will keep your stairs stretched tight, and in place - but you do
have to run them clockwise instead of anticlockwise.  Hope that made sense.

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/j.markham/stairs.htm

Just for the record, the stairs are one of my favourite parts in the Harry
Potter sets, and Fluffy is (without doubt) my least favourite.