 Harry Potter / 694
693  |  695
Subject:
More HP Comments and a few Pics!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.harrypotter
Date:
Thu, 20 Sep 2001 23:11:26 GMT

Hi All,
   I just got through sorting through some of the new Harry Potter sets and
thought I would add my comments!
I love the new hair pieces only the female hair prevents you from having the
minifig looking sideways.  Because it hangs over the shoulder, it won't turn
on the body!  The orange hair, I think, has a good color and looks better
than the red female hair we got in the paradisa sets.  It's not female of
course, but I wish they would use that color.  Also it is a different shade
than the brown female hair from the creator series!
   The light gray beard is wonderful and so is the hair piece.  The hair
piece can be used for a female fig (without the beard).  It would make a
great older lady!
   As for the stair pieces, they will be a great addition to any castle
builder.  Each stair is a separate piece and it stacks on top of the other
pieces.  You can rotate them in any direction and at different spreads.  I
have a picture that shows how they rotate and gives an indication as to the
height.  Check it out at:
http:community.webtv.net/Merthyn/Ideas
   Also on this page, I show some ways in which you can swap the 3 headed
dog parts with dragon and dino bodies and visa-versa!  Check out the
alligator dog! hehheh
   The black hair and beard piece for the larger fig is wierd!  It is out of
a soft rubbery plastic!  It's not hard like a brick!  I don't know why they
did that!
   I love the rats!  They will go well with my pirate ships!  I wish there
was a black one!  So far, I only have white, gray, and dark gray.  The owls
are okay, but I don't care for the round bit on their feet.  They should
have made it flush IMO!
    The doors with the arched windows will hang with the regular door type
brackets.  They come with entryway parts that have a built in bracket, but
you can use them with the older door hangers.
    I really like the light gray ball top parts.  I think those could be
used in a lot of architectural MOCs!  I would like a lot of them and in
different colors.
    I was pleased that the red sign part was separated from the red lamp
posts in "Hogwart's express"!  There's a sticker that you use on the sign.
I have other ideas for both the post and the sign.
    Another note on the Hagrid fig, the arms are the same size as the
creator figs.  If you can find a way to remove them, you could swap them.
The feet don't move at all!
    A interesting thing about the purple turbin!  It has a small hole in the
front of it that you could use to attach a plume to.  The hole is the size
for the hat plume pieces or the castle helmet decorations.  I tried a couple
in it, but they looked pretty ridiculous.  The only other thing I can think
of that might fit would be some of the Belville hair decorations.  those
probably wouldn't look any better!  Wierd!  I wonder if they have an idea
for it later on?
   One last thing if it hasn't been mentioned, is that the book parts are
the same size as the ones you got with the Belville sets!
   If anyone has any other questions about pieces, feel free to email me.
Enjoy, Tom