 Harry Potter / 570
Re: Harry Potter (German) catalog pictures
Newsgroups:
lugnet.harrypotter
Date:
Thu, 6 Sep 2001 09:31:10 GMT

In lugnet.harrypotter, Richard Marchetti writes:
In lugnet.harrypotter, Ralph Döring writes:
http://www.doe2.de/lego/more/harrypotter/index.html
Wow, what great picture scans!  Thanks for posting these...
Looking them over I think I have found several new elements
(probably already noted by others somewhere here on Lugnet).

Looking at the Australian catalogue (which is identical to the DE layout
except the text is in English)/

I think I see:
Owls in three colors -- white, grey , and black.

And brown (hogwarts castle)

New "male" hair in two colors -- black and orange.
Purple turban.
Grey/Silver/Gold key.

I think there's a brown key in Hogwarts

Brown arched door with window.
Circular stairway elements.
Three-headed dog.

Glow-in-the-dark minihead (see 4705)? Not a new element but worth noting...
Some kind of cauldron insert (see 4705)?

Looking at the print in front of me, I'd be hesitant about these two. Much
as the swoosh marks are added I think the cauldron stuff is also edited in.
As for Snape (the teacher of Potions) His head is grey rather than glow,
other pictures show him without any glow (see hogwarts castle, he's in the
window at the bottom of the tall tower).

Black beard for larger figures.

If you're talking about Hagrid, sorry. He's a creatorfig, the hair is
non-removable. But check out Dumbledore, new grey hair and the wizard beard
in grey (rather than white)

Grey rat.

Light grey and dark grey (see difference between 4722 and 4723)

Crummy plastic peaked roof sheets.

The sand green ones or the ones on Hogwarts and Hargrid's hut? The sand
green ones (see 4702 for an eg are solid as it the tall tower top in
Hogwarts) are from Belville, new colour though.

Is this list complete?

Norbert, the sand green lump Dumbledore is holding in 4707 (Hagrid's Hut) is
definitly a new animal.

If we're including new prints on current elements the forbidden corridor has
a brown SWsaber blade with flute printing which I haven't seen mentioned
anywhere else.

James (who now has to wait ages for the sets to arrive in Australia)