 Harry Potter / 569
Re: Harry Potter German catalog pictures
Newsgroups:
lugnet.harrypotter
Date:
Thu, 6 Sep 2001 05:29:13 GMT

In lugnet.harrypotter, Richard Marchetti writes:
In lugnet.harrypotter, Ralph Döring writes:
http://www.doe2.de/lego/more/harrypotter/index.html

Wow, what great picture scans!  Thanks for posting these...

   Ditto.  Ralph, you rock!

Looking them over I think I have found several new elements
(probably already noted by others somewhere here on Lugnet).

   Some have been, some not.  Anyways, it's worth revisiting,
   because I LIKE to drool.  *slurp*

I think I see:

Owls in three colors -- white, grey , and black.

   I wish the Froad/Tog were new, but he's not.  Also, the owl
   in 4707 may in fact be *tan*.

New "male" hair in two colors -- black and orange.

   Woohoo!  Carrot Top will be making an appearance...muuhahaha

Purple turban.

   I need some white ones!  White ones!  Hey, wasn't something
   in Nostradamus about a purple turbanned dude...?  ;)  (It
   was supposedly "blue," btw, if you're into that guy)

Grey/Silver/Gold key.

   You know, considering the number and size of them, I wouldn't
   be surprised if the "keys" come on a six-element sprue/wheel like
   the tool wheels of Town Junior.

Brown arched door with window.

   I *really* like this for prospective 17th-c.-housemaking.

Glow-in-the-dark minihead (see 4705)? Not a new element but worth noting...

   Definitely!  I can't decide if it's the same sand green as
   the roof piece (which I can already think of uses for, btw,
   so I'm not totally grossed out) or if it's really glow in the
   dark.

Some kind of cauldron insert (see 4705)?

   Dunno.  Hard to tell if that's airbrushing or an insert.  If
   an insert, it may be cardboard.

Circular stairway elements.

   Yeah, they're clearer now--I can see the brickwork at the "hub."
   I still can't be sure whether they're individual step elements
   or a "staircase" complete.  They're molded separately but they
   may only "snap" in one way.

Three-headed dog.

   The dog, btw, is a new "top" on a Dino Islands quadruped dinosaur
   leg set.

Black beard for larger figures.

   Much as the hair doesn't come off of Creator figs, I have a feeling
   this beard is fixed on the fig in question.  If Hagrid is a true
   Creator fig, then his head won't come off anyhow (without the
   judicious application of force, of course).

Grey rat.

   In 4705?  That almost looks white to me--look at the ltgrey on its
   level further over and the white scroll tile for comparison.  The
   dkgrey makes it hard to tell, though.

Crummy plastic peaked roof sheets.

   Of several different sorts!

   Also:

   -8x8 corner plate (4701), brown--looks new to me.
   -What is that thing in 4707, on the hand of the purple
      wizard?  Also, is that hair on him new too?
   -2x2 low-slope peak in BROWN (4707)--not new piece, but
      new color!
   -What's that thing the hat in 4701 is sitting on?  It's
      not a "standard" crystal ball or jar--but it's stitting
      on a Freestyle 2x2 wheel hub and a dark grey 2x2 tile w/pin.
   -4L rod in brown (again, not new, but new color); the return
      of cheaply available 4-prong lantern holders in non-green!
      woohoo!  (Or should i say, "ARRRRR!"?)
   -9 3/4 sign (4708)
   -Clock tile on 4708 looks new too
   -4723 - brown rat/mouse, looks different than the other?

   Please, let's continue this speculation!

   LFB