 Harry Potter / 401
Re: First True Harry Potter Pics!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.castle
Date:
Fri, 29 Jun 2001 14:09:20 GMT

In lugnet.harrypotter, Ken Dowd writes:
Regarding the curved staircase in set 4706: Is this the same curved
staircase that is found in the Belville set 5890 Pretty Wishes Playhouse? I
don't own that piece so I can't compare it to the HP picture (and I can't
tell by looking at the Belville set picture).

And speaking of curved staircases - in set 4709: Hogwart's Castle, look
through the large arched opening just below the Droid Escape curved walls -
it looks like there may be a curved staircase in dark grey.

Ken

I don't own 5890 either but it looks different - the underside is a smooth
edge and the steps don't meet along a central axis.

That does look like a dark grey staircase in 4709 - good eye there.  My
first question was whether these would fit within a round tower.  The stair
looks to be 10 wide though.  Maybe you need a few bricks width between the
round wall sections to get the staircase in there though I can't tell if
that's the case here.

Looking at 4706 it appears the staircase axis column has dividing lines for
each stair segment.  It can't be one big piece with that misaligned step
though the square base doesn't seem to be replicated anywhere higher up.
Hopefully the steps are separate pieces.  Or if they are attached in one or
more segments then perhaps the steps rotate freely on the axis column and
fan out.  That would be cool - magically appearing/disappearing stairwells!
- not to mention just plain being adjustable.

John