 Harry Potter / 1397
Re: Harry Potter License
Newsgroups:
lugnet.harrypotter
Date:
Thu, 30 Oct 2003 07:29:28 GMT

In lugnet.harrypotter, Benjamin Medinets wrote:
In lugnet.harrypotter, Scott DeWolf wrote:
Is it true that the license is only for the 1st 2 movies?  Basically, is what we
see out now all that we are getting?

No , Lego is NOT done with HP...

Even though I am a Harry Potter fan, I hope that LEGO does not continue
the license because most of the sets have gone down in demand since
the first year.

Harry Potter is keeping us from getting new Castle sets.  Though having
new castle sets does not necessarily mean great sets.  LEGO is still
having its love-affair with Juniorization, at least as far as I'm concerned.

Intrested in HP or not the Lego series has brought a lot of great parts out that
would other wise never have been made. A lot of the LOTR creations I've seen
make extensive use of HP elements. Juniorized or not a look at Brickshelf shows
the bar of excellence in MOC castle construction is being raised frequently.
-Ken