 Harry Potter / 1396
Re: Harry Potter License
Newsgroups:
lugnet.harrypotter
Date:
Wed, 29 Oct 2003 17:17:12 GMT

In lugnet.harrypotter, Scott DeWolf wrote:
Is it true that the license is only for the 1st 2 movies?  Basically, is what we
see out now all that we are getting?

As far as I know, the original license is to be 3 films.  Warner has decided
to go on with the forth movie, which will start filming some time in late
2004 or early 2005.

Even though I am a Harry Potter fan, I hope that LEGO does not continue
the license because most of the sets have gone down in demand since
the first year.

Harry Potter is keeping us from getting new Castle sets.  Though having
new castle sets does not necessarily mean great sets.  LEGO is still
having its love-affair with Juniorization, at least as far as I'm concerned.

Off-topic, though, is I hope they don't cram the whole book 4 into one
movie.  In my opinion, they need to make 2 movies for it, or at the very
least, offer an "extended" version on DVD that shows the bulk of the
story.

Also off-topic, I wonder why Wood was cut from P.O.A.  He has a big role
at the end when Gryffindor finally wins the Quidditch House Cup.

Ben M.