 General / 9575
Re: BAYLIT suggestions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Wed, 3 Nov 1999 21:39:22 GMT

Jon,

As a customer of Baylit, I'm very sad about that, and I hope you
will maintain your service. I think if you accept only order with a
minimum amount ($25-30 whatever) you will decrease your workload.
All of us (AFOL) need site like your to feed us with "the parts"
that we need.
Hopefully you find a way to handle it!

Stephane...
In lugnet.announce, Jon Kozan writes:
All:

(This hurts)
I'm reaching an impasse with BAYLIT.
My job situation will soon require me to travel extensively, severely • impacting
my ability to run BAYLIT.
I don't know how long this will last  - could be awhile
Thus, I would appreciate your suggestions / thoughts.

Background information:
BAYLIT is: "Bricks As You Like Them"
BAYLIT is: A web site for straight sale of LEGO from sets.
BAYLIT has:
- a customer list of hundreds of buyers, about half of whom have ordered more
than once, including corporate buyers
- a current inventory of more than 175,000 pieces from over 1000 sets
- an acceptable web site with linked pictures/scans
http://baylit.home.att.net/
- a database linking sales, inventory, and parts to over 100 sets and over • 3100
different part shape/color combinations.

Should I :
1) Slow it down - large orders only or some such
2) Shut it down (temporarily / permanently)
3) Sell it (send email if interested - prospectus?)
4) Sell off the inventory - auctions, fire sale, etc - Why keep parts I don't
need for my project - that someone else could be using.

Unfortunately this limits my current LEGO project as well (minifig scale
battleship).
But I'll finish that someday. - I still need to collect all the right parts • ;-)

Thanks for your thoughts.

-Jon
email: jauction@hotmail.com
BAYLIT: baylit@att.net