 General / 9573
Re: BURP Adventure (Re: Conclusion of the Halloween Lego Design Contest)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.cad
Date:
Wed, 3 Nov 1999 20:54:02 GMT

   Hey, everyone, thanks for all the compliments, and my congratulations go
out to all the contest winners, participants, and organizers! I'm already
looking forward to the next one.

In lugnet.general, Todd Lehman writes:
In lugnet.general, "Joseph Gonzalez" <hsadm2.jgonzale@email.state.ut.us>
writes:

In lugnet.general, Bram Lambrecht writes:
I loved Coby's "New for 2000?":
http://www.geocities.com/~hldc/hldchorrorentry10.html
Excellent raytrace, and a great piece of satire!

That is SO funny!
Excellent details on the box (piece count, frowning child's face).  It • reminds
me of those Wacky Packages stickers from the seventies.

I couldn't stop laughing when I saw that!  Plus the sideways "alternative"
view on the side of the box.  :)

   Heh, that part wasn't even intentional, but I am really stoked that people
have noticed the little details like this that I threw in. I am quite relieved
that people got the joke! (Imagine the challenge I had of explaining to my
friends, who are not Legophiles, the whole "BURP situation" so that they could
make sense of this art project I was working on.)

BTW, Coby has produced quite a few other LEGO raytraces...if you haven't yet
seen his site, check it out!

  http://server.exo.com/~coby/lego/legoindex.html

I can't believe it was just over two years now that "Coby's Ray-Traced LEGO
Mania" was CLSotW #63...

  http://www.lugnet.com/cool/site-063.html

--Todd

   I wanted to let everyone know that I am working on redoing all of my Lego
renderings using Lutz Uhlmann's awesome Lgeo POV-Ray library. The results are
looking great so far and I'll be trying to upload some samples to my pages
soon, so I hope everyone will drop by to have a look.

   Thanks again, everybody!

   Coby