 General / 9163
  Cannon info

I learned some things about lego cannons last night that I didn't know. I was at a friends house and was looking through his collection that he is sorting and I found his cannons. I was weirded out to see that they were all one part. (the actual (...) (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Cannon info

Funny you should mention this, I was just researching it today. My understanding is that some sets were made with non-shooting cannons for the Americas market and with shooting cannons for all the other markets. I think 6263 (Imperial Outpost) is (...) (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Cannon info

(...) They actually replaced the spring with a little cylinder. I was able to make a non firing cannon fire but due to the type of spring I put in it the cannon is hard to fire. When it does fire ,watch out, as the 1x1 goes ZZZIIIIPPP across the (...) (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Cannon info

(...) The first year of production (1989), all the cannos fired. I think the next year(1990), they replaced all firing cannons with the black-ended non-firing ones. I'm not sure when they replaced those non-firing cannons with the single piece ones, (...) (25 years ago, 28-Oct-99, to lugnet.general)

  (canceled)

  Re: Cannon info

(...) I was wondering about this. I've only been into Lego for a few years and have hardly any knowledge about the history of the cannons. I got an older cannon at a garage sale with a black handle on the hand that can be pulled out about 1/4 inch. (...) (24 years ago, 10-Oct-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Cannon info

(...) There is a whole evolution of cannon, Tim. The one you have is probably a transition model that was built to fire and then modified to not fire by replacing the springs with a solid pin. Yours can be modified with a small hobby spring (or a (...) (24 years ago, 11-Oct-00, to lugnet.general)