 General / 9126
Re: New S@H catalog is a disappointment (to me)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 27 Oct 1999 13:42:15 GMT

On Tue, 26 Oct 1999 19:35:56 GMT, "John DiRienzo" <ig88888888@stlnet.com> wrote:

  James,
  Yes, the new catalog does have service packs, including a "new" Space
Port service pack I bought about 6 of 8 months ago.  Thats just what I don't
like about this new catalog - every page has stuff marked new that has been
around quite awhile.

That's typical of S@H catalogs -- if it came out this year, it's still new.  I
wonder if they use a bigger mailing list for the holiday catalog than they do
for the quarterly catalogs?  That would provide some small rationalization for
flagging/flogging everything as new--they're reaching a bunch of occasional
buyers, who don't receive every catalog.

Steve
"Never trust anything that can think for itself, if you can't see where it keeps its brain."