 General / 8857
Re: A change in attitude: was Big Brother is Watching (and reading, too!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sun, 24 Oct 1999 19:55:18 GMT

TLG *may* have a concern that selling bulk new bricks may open a
competitive channel. That is, people could buy bulk bricks, train
windows, etc. and assemble retail sets that would compete with TLG in
the market place. I believe that preventing this type of usage needs to
be a condition of any deal that can happen with TLG. Creating MOC etc.
are fine, combining parts to sell new sets would not fly. One mans
opinion.

You may have hit on a good point here!  I'm sure that this is a concern to
Lego, especially if they have been reading the groups ehre and have sensed
the general unhappiness with most of the current sets.

This would be easy to fix with a clause in the contract between Lego and
anyone wishing to purchase large ammounts of bulk bricks.  Something simple
like, "You may not sell any unofficial non-lego sets," should do the job.
I'm sure that any order large enough to build sets from would require a
contract of some kind.

Troy