 General / 879
    Re: Should RTL be hosted on this server? —Ed Jones
   (...) I think the largest problem would be: Moderation!!! Will you moderate RTL on Lugnet as you moderate Lugnet? What effect would that have on people who read RTL via their Newsgroup reader? Will you block spam on RTL from being viewed on Lugnet, (...) (26 years ago, 29-Nov-98, to lugnet.general)

        Re: Should RTL be hosted on this server? —Todd Lehman
   (...) I think it would be best -- if RTL were offered -- to offer it in its entirety unchanged. There seem to be quite a few HTML postings there (like maybe 5 a week or more) and I don't think it's possible to educate Usenet newbies about (...) (26 years ago, 29-Nov-98, to lugnet.general)

        Re: Should RTL be hosted on this server? —Paul Foster
   (...) This is why I would say don't include RTL, you start to get into issues like this. Besides, if you have to filter messages by non approved posters, what's the point of carrying RTL any ways. Anyone who is approved will probably already be (...) (26 years ago, 30-Nov-98, to lugnet.general)

        Re: Should RTL be hosted on this server? —Richard Dee
   1st of all, I just select "tools, download all," so having to go to two different servers is not really noticeable. OE seems to handle it ok. The only benefits I could see might be receiving some posts sooner rather than later, and not needing to (...) (26 years ago, 30-Nov-98, to lugnet.general)