 General / 8475
  Clearing cheques

Quick question - I wondered what most people do about waiting for cheques from other people to clear. I've picked from somewhere the impression that the done thing is to wait two weeks and assume the cheque has cleared if you haven't heard from your (...) (25 years ago, 10-Oct-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Clearing cheques

<Snip> (...) if you live in the US, most banks let you use MS Money or Quicken to check on the current account. (...) Matt #$%^ Vacum cleaners Matt@rapturesoft.hypermart.net (25 years ago, 10-Oct-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Clearing cheques

(...) Karen worked at a bank for a while, and she tells me that banks should know within two days if a check is bad. (25 years ago, 10-Oct-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Clearing cheques

Simon Robinson <simon@simonrobinson.com> wrote in message news:010801bf136c$35...sco.net... (...) If you are talking about depositing US$ checks into UK banks then to be totally sure you have to wait weeks or even months. Barclays will credit my (...) (25 years ago, 11-Oct-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Clearing cheques

In lugnet.general, Huw Millington writes: No I'm actually talking about paying UK cheques into my UK bank account. Anyway thanks for your responses everyone. Sounds like simply waiting two weeks is still the best I can do. (Short of continually (...) (25 years ago, 12-Oct-99, to lugnet.general)