 General / 8517
Re: Clearing cheques
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 12 Oct 1999 09:31:43 GMT

In lugnet.general, Huw Millington writes:
No I'm actually talking about paying UK cheques into my
UK bank account.

Anyway thanks for your responses everyone. Sounds like
simply waiting two weeks is still the best I can do. (Short of
continually ringing up my bank to ask them if a cheque has
cleared yet).

Simon
http://www.SimonRobinson.com

----- Original Message -----
From: Huw Millington <hmillington@cix.co.uk>
To: <lugnet.general@lugnet.com>
Sent: 11 October 1999 13:20
Subject: Re: Clearing cheques

Simon Robinson <simon@simonrobinson.com> wrote in message
news:010801bf136c$356b8da0$c029fea9@robinson1tesco.net...
Quick question - I wondered what most people
do about waiting for cheques from other people to clear.

If you are talking about depositing US$ checks into UK banks then to be
totally sure you have to wait weeks or even months. Barclays will credit • my
account within days of deposit, but that is no guarantee it has cleared.
Apparently (it has never happened to me) if there are problems later on in
the process, i.e. when it finally reaches the US bank, they'll take it out
again.

Huw