 General / 8372
Re: Town Jr on LEGO site ?!?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 6 Oct 1999 14:29:26 GMT

In lugnet.general, Mark Koesel writes:
If I recall, the term appeared in when Town Jr. first showed up in 1996(?),
in some European literature from TLG.

Ben Gatrelle <ben.gatrelle@nospam.bigfoot.com> wrote in message
And here I thought that Town Junior was a pejorative terms coined by an • early
LUGNET or RTLer?  If that is the case then TLG must read these newsgroups
after all...

Imagine my surprise when I looked at this page:
http://www.lego.com/parents/overview.asp
and read that TLG is now proudly labeling their own sets as Town Jr.

Wow!
Ben Gatrelle

Actually, mes amis,
     "Town Jr." was first coined as an attempt to upgrade the LEGO Duplo line
and give it its first theme. This is why the new Duplo figures have legs and
crude new vehicles with working patrol lights. They also have slopes and
more decorated pieces. The in-joke used by AFOLs and other true (but older)
LEGO fans has nothing to do with the modified DUPLO sets referred to by the
LEGO Group or the name given to them. It merely makes a joke off of a laffable
series of building sets.
     James J.
(A guy who wants to sell his designs to TLG and rescue the good name of LEGO.)