 General / 8224
  Re: LEGO Pirates! D-Day Approaches!

Ian, A few points of thought... o The Lego Group is privately held (if I understand it correctly). There are no public traded shares and/or shareholders. That is really a shame. Shareholders meetings are a good place to sound off. o Where does TLG (...) (25 years ago, 3-Oct-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: LEGO Pirates! D-Day Approaches!

(...) I've seen numerous Lego television ads... (...) Not so sure. I've seen many a parent and kid pick up MegaBlok (sp?) sets and actually say something like, "well, these look just the same and you get twice as much for the money." Now maybe those (...) (25 years ago, 3-Oct-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: LEGO Pirates! D-Day Approaches!

(...) True. (...) I haven't seen any LEGO commercials on Canadian television channels. Unfortunately, if there was any on US channels, they often get pre-empted by local stuff. And I don't watch children's programming, especially Saturday mornings, (...) (25 years ago, 5-Oct-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: LEGO Pirates! D-Day Approaches!

(...) I recall about a year ago when Mindstorms came out (guessing there) they showed LOTS of Mindstorms ads on tv, if I remember correctly, I either saw them on Discovery or on TNT during Babylon 5, but alas, all my season 1 B5 tapes are in a box (...) (25 years ago, 5-Oct-99, to lugnet.general)