 General / 8208
Re: LEGO Pirates! D-Day Approaches!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 2 Oct 1999 17:30:41 GMT

One hole in all of this is that no Lego system clone I've seen or heard of
comes near to the manufacturing standards Lego has. They're just not as
good. There may be market room for a high-quality clone, but I think it'd
actually be difficult to produce bricks (let alone sets) at an equal or
higher quality without being more expensive.

It is not my desire to purchase blocks from anyone other than The LEGO
Group.  I pointed out the competition's site to make one very good
point.  They build sets that many of us would like to own...
Unfortunately they are made by the WRONG company, and do not meet the
high standards we demand of LEGO, so I will not buy them.

We will force the surrender or capitulation of The LEGO Group.
TLG doesn't like bad press...
That is their weakness.  We will exploit it to maximum effect.
`The LEGO Pirates' will give TLG something to really think about.

Or, we may come across like spoiled, loony adults who haven't Grown Up.

It depends on how you present your case.  I feel that dozens of
people, if not hundreds, have publicly stated the reasons they are as
dissatisfied with The LEGO Group's ability to service the adult market
as I have become.

We will present ourselves as professionally as possible.  So many of
us LEGO fans are professionals.  We just happen to enjoy collecting,
designing, building and playing with LEGO.

<ICS>