 General / 8198
Re: LEGO Pirates! D-Day Approaches!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 2 Oct 1999 16:05:12 GMT

Ian Sinclair <sinclair@cadvision.com> wrote:
TLG uses the profits from their over priced sets (compared to the
competition) to wage wars in markets that are meaningless to so many
others and myself.  IE. Brand name crap

One hole in all of this is that no Lego system clone I've seen or heard of
comes near to the manufacturing standards Lego has. They're just not as
good. There may be market room for a high-quality clone, but I think it'd
actually be difficult to produce bricks (let alone sets) at an equal or
higher quality without being more expensive.

We will force the surrender or capitulation of The LEGO Group.
TLG doesn't like bad press...
That is their weakness.  We will exploit it to maximum effect.
`The LEGO Pirates' will give TLG something to really think about.

Or, we may come across like spoiled, loony adults who haven't Grown Up.